Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope it brings you health and happiness.

Plus, I want to thank my customers for trusting in me to provide you with premade scrapbook pages and supplies to help you preserve your memories!

Also, I am sharing with you one of my goals for 2009. I am not a new years resolution type person, I set goals. One of my goals is to scrapbook for my self more. I have publicly committed to making 365 scrapbook pages for myself on Splitcoast Stampers and at Scrapbiz. Hopefully with me "saying it out load" will be me complete this goal. I am such a huge believer in scrapbooking and why we do it. I have gotten behind on my own personal scrapbooks because I have been so focused on my business. So here I go.....

I am also starting Project 365. It is the new Becky Higgins project. I am not purchasing her kit, I am going to complete this project my own way ;) But, it is a great project. I know this year will be huge for my family. My oldest and only daughter will start college this year and my youngest and only son will become a Senior in high school. So I really want to make sure I don't miss a thing!

Now, to share with you how well I have done so far.

I completed 2 scrapbook pages today! This one is called Skeet Shootin at Skeeter's farm. I used my stash to complete these layouts. I also cut the title using my die cut machine then inked it.



As for the Project 365, I have taken a few pictures and we went to watch a movie tonight so I have the ticket stubs from that.

I want to offer some tips/ideas to help you with what ever type of scrapbooking goal you may have for this year. If you don't have a goal, now is a good time to start.

1. Always, always have a camera with you! I just got a new Nikon Coolpix to carry in my purse. I have a Nikon D40 SLR and it is way to big to have with me all the time. So my Coolpix is perfect.

2. Keep in mind, events that you can scrapbook do necessarily have to have include pictures. For example, ticket stubs from movies, receipts from dinner, journal about how something that happened that day, get where I am going?

3. Weather your scrapbook style is simple or "fancy". It does not matter. Create your own style.

I will continue post tips and suggestions, so watch for updates!

Enjoy!

Robin

Kentucky Paper Kreations

3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great layout. I like the color combo and patterned papers you chose.

Lynn Put said...

These are really cute pages! I love the colors and designer paper you used!

Amanda said...

Love the color combo and paper perfect for your pictures. Great layouts!